Magazines, newspapers and television content rarely aims at men who are looking for weight loss tips and this realization may come to you out of experience while looking for information.
To ease your task, here are 13 weight loss tips. You can now dump your magazine and newspapers, switch off your television, and proceed to read what you have been looking for all this time.
- Start with a protein smoothie to improve the taste of anything that you want to eat because it gives you a feeling of being full for long. It also tastes great and will help your reduce your food intake over time thus controlling your diet.
- Make a decision to avoid food after 9pm and let this affect all kinds of foods including the healthy category. To realize the benefits of this choice, make your routine to fit into an eating schedule before the time so that your body makes use of the food while you are awake, otherwise your body will store fats.
- A good way to keep yourself active is by parking your car at the furthest point from where you are heading to so that you have to walk the distance to and from the place. You will get better exercise if you have a heavy luggage.
- It is good to give yourself a break and attend to your food cravings. Allocate Fridays as the day for eating your favorite food that is not healthy, but only take a moderate quantity so that you don't end up doing zero healthy eating work.
- Convert your weekends to workout days so that your mind does not prevent your decision with all the excuses associated with weekdays. Weekend workouts are not too demanding and the benefits outweigh the time you take.
- Cook food using a stove; however, if this is too hard for you, use a microwave. Meals prepared by a microwave usually have less fat and take you closer to your fitness goal.
- Your body will make most use of food when you are hungry and this is ideal just after a workout when you have serious hunger pangs. Make use of them and get as much healthy food as you can.
- Use stairs as a rule and you will be amazed at the amount of calories you are able to burn.
- When you are adding flavor to your food opt for spices because unlike sauces, they have no calories.
- Make your goal public so that you are accountable to people like your family, friends. This will also prompt them to motivate you.
- Have a benchmark to refer to your start point and the progress that you are making. Use a picture of what you were; place it on your bathroom so that it is the first motivator you see each morning.
- Replace your candy jar with a stock of granola bars or cereal bars so that whenever you need a bite, you get nutritional fiber instead of calories.
- Make it harder to get to junk food by placing it at the back of your refrigerator. Keep healthy food at the base, and all accessible areas. Fruit is a healthy option as a ready-to-eat food. The overall aim is to get rid of junk food, so don't replace it when it expires or your supplies end.
Author Bio: Sarah is a health and fitness expert and blogs about bariatric eating & other food supplements. She is also evangelist for Harmony Grove. They provide highly qualified eating disorder treatment program located in beautiful San Diego, California.