If you are looking for an effective cardio exercise that is easy to do; does not require dressing up and driving to the gym; and uses a machine that costs a fraction of the money you would pay for a bulky, heavy and complex elliptical trainer, then the EL650 Pink Mini Elliptical Trainer is for you.
With the J Fit Hope Series Mini Elliptical you can achieve great buns, thighs and legs.
This product is lightweight and portable allowing you to workout in any area of your home or outdoors in nature. A percentage of your purchase goes towards a good cause, the fight against breast cancer.
The Mini Elliptical comes with adjustable tension controls so you can increase your workout’s intensity over time, maximizing your efforts. Tuck it away under your bed or in the closet for easy keeping.
How Does the EL650 Pink Mini Elliptical Trainer Work?
With its side-to-side motion, you work out your hips, thighs, legs and even your butt. The machine is fabulous for exercising your calves and buttocks, but it also gives you a total lower body workout. If you add some weights you will tone your upper body at the same time.
The EL650 is unlike the full version of the elliptical in that it does not come with arms which may mean a less sturdy workout for those who are not great with balance. However, the machine is very stable and much sturdier than it looks.
It is important to keep a good form when using this machine. Standing in an upright position and tightening your butt and ab muscles will result in a better workout.
Rotates in Both Directions
In order to work your leg muscles differently you can pedal in either a forward or backward motion. You will notice the difference and the burn in your legs when you stride your direction.
Easy to Assemble
To set up the Mini Elliptical you need only “screw on the two pieces of the base and black paddles”, as one user explains in her review.
Easy to Store
It is a little too tall to store under a bed but it can fit under a coffee table.
Weight Limit: 250 lbs. I found reports from users who weigh more than 200 lbs and who are 5’8’’ and tall, and yet they find the Mini Elliptical very convenient.
Assembly Time: 15 minutes
What Others Are Saying? Does the EL650 Pink Mini Elliptical Trainer Work?
The majority of the Reviews I read show the product lives up to its name and reputation. Melissa from Virginia states,
“No problems so far! It’s lightweight, and doesn’t get in the way in my tiny apartment.”
One reviewer said,
“I hopped on it, danced while doing it and got a great workout in only 20 minutes. I liked it so much I jumped back on for another 20 minutes, and plan on getting back on it for 20 more. It is very light, small, silent and very sturdy. If you want a good workout without spending a bunch of money on the real thing, this is the way to go!”
Babsy Gal, a lady from UT, who weighs over 200 lbs, says:
“When I first start out it doesn’t feel like I’m doing much but after 5 minutes my quads and calves and buns are burning and I start to sweat. […] I really recommend this elliptical. For the money and the size you get a great workout machine.”
Does It Help You Lose Weight?
While none of the reviewers specifically mentioned weight loss, they did notice a great feeling in their lower body during and after use.
A. Campos, a girl who was out of shape, used the EL650 for only three weeks before saying with certainty:
"I’m trying to lose about 10 pounds, and there is no doubt that this little baby is helping me get there.”
Pros and Cons
- Lightweight and portable.
- Easily stowed away in your closet. Unlike a treadmill, you can transfer this from room to room easily.
- Easy to assemble.
- A portion of your purchase goes to a great cause.
- Can use it while watching TV.
- Sturdy steel construction.
- There are pads on the bottom of the unit to help protect the floor in your home.
- Adjustable tensions for an increased workout over time.
- Does not make loud noises when in use. Can be used while watching TV.
- Electronic monitor that displays your strides, distance, length of exercise time and your calories burned.
- You can workout while watching your favorite TV program.
- It is easier on your knees than running on a treadmill
Some users felt that:
- Depending on your budget, it may be a little pricy.
- Does not come with a DVD workout video.
- It may be difficult to maintain your balance until you become familiar with it.
D. Jones advises:
“It’s a bit awkward to use at first. You have to balance yourself and hold on to something. Follow the safety instructions.”
- Not as small as it looks. You may not be able to hide it under your bed.
- Does not reset the distance after each use. You need to remember where you last left off to get an accurate reading.
- Does have a weight limit so it may not be ideal for those large individuals looking for a great workout
Problems and Complaints
One complaint was that it was not quite as small as it looked in the picture. It was definitely not something that fit under their bed but it was still compact enough to hide away out of view of guests. Another complaint was that the washer attached to the pedal kept falling off.
If you are looking for a smaller elliptical that can be tucked away easily then I recommend this product. Most of the reviewers were favorable to it and the price did not seem to bother them. The fact that the product is quiet and easy to assemble made it a great purchase. A portion of the purchase also goes to charity and that is something you can definitely feel good about!