Lap Band Surgery at Real Results of Atlanta, GA
Real Results of Atlanta, GA, promises its patients just that – real weight-loss results that will enable them to lead healthier, happier lives. Real Results offers laparoscopic bariatric procedures including gastric banding, gastric sleeve, and gastric bypass.
Located at 6160 Peachtree Dunwoody Road NE, Suite A-100 in Atlanta, GA 30328, Real Results features an innovative “Real Care” program that is designed to achieve maximum weight-loss results. The program includes:
- Patient education
- Review of the patient’s medical history, including consultation with a nurse practitioner to review current health status, satiety and weight-loss progress
- Physical examination
- Appropriate diagnostic testing and analysis
- “Letter of medical necessity” developed by surgeon for insurance carrier consideration
- Surgery through a Real Results-affiliated surgeon
- Aftercare office visits (physical exam, education, gastric band adjustments, etc.)
- Education and support for issues regarding nutrition, proper eating mechanics, exercise, social interaction, etc.
- Adjustments to the amount of saline fluid in the gastric band, providing customized levels of satiation and satiety
- Regular updates sent to your surgeon, primary care physician, or other healthcare specialists as needed
- In-person support groups
- Free access to the Real Results Online Community
Dr. Titus D. Duncan, MD, FACS, FAACS
Dr. Duncan is a board-certified surgeon who has been in practice since 1983. Director of Minimally Invasive & Bariatrics Surgery at Atlanta Medical Center and Morehouse School of Medicine, he has led instruction on minimally invasive and laparoscopic techniques to surgeons around the world. Dr. Duncan recently completed a fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery in Seattle, WA, specializing in body-contouring surgery following massive weight loss: abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), body lift surgery, medial thigh lift, breast lifts, breast augmentation, and liposuction. He can also be seen as a regular guest on the “Nancy Grace Show” as the resident expert physician.
Dr. Duncan’s medical accomplishments include:
- The first surgeon in Georgia to perform a minimally invasive surgical approach to the spine.
- One of the first surgeons in Georgia to perform laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery for the morbidly obese.
- One of the first surgeons in the United States to successfully perform endoscopic transanxillary removal of the thyroid gland.
- Performed the first laparoscopic gallbladder removal and hernia repair in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Performed the first laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair in Salzburg, Austria.
- Performed the first laparoscopic removal of a gallbladder in an African hospital in Johannesburg, South Africa, shortly after the end of apartheid.
Lap Band Surgery at Peachtree Surgical & Bariatrics in Atlanta, GA
In addition to working with Real Results of Atlanta, Dr. Titus D. Duncan founded Peachtree Surgical & Bariatrics in Atlanta, GA, in 1985. Peachtree Surgical & Bariatrics is a ASMBS (American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery) Center of Excellence in bariatric surgery, offering gastric bypass, gastric banding, and gastric sleeve laparoscopic procedures. Peachtree also offers general surgery, such as heartburn and hernia surgery, and cosmetic procedures, including tummy tucks and breast augmentation.
Peachtree Surgical & Bariatrics has over 5,000 weight-loss surgery, cosmetic surgery and minimally invasive surgery procedures performed. Check out the testimonials page to see real patients’ results for yourself.