Few exercises have been proven to relieve stress – both mental and physical – like yoga. Those of you who’ve had some sort of an experience with the art of yoga, will testify to the fact that it induces greater control over the mind and body. In this DVD, veteran Yogi, Maggie Rhoades, attempts to catapult your weight loss efforts by keeping you happily fixated on yoga exercises.
How Does Yoga For Beginners Work?
The DVD targets both beginners and seasoned students. That should not come as a surprise given the 12 routines it tackles – each unique and different.
Aside from being spoilt for choice, the shortest routine is 15 minutes in duration, and the longest one touches the hour mark, which means that you can pick and choose according to the time and effort you’re willing to invest at any point.
This DVD has a yummy, total running time of 4 hours.
Does Yoga For Beginners Work?
Customers seem very content with Maggie Rhoades’ method of instruction. as they reveal in their Amazon reviews. It comes as a huge compliment to her that one of the users, Carla, who has been attending yoga classes at the gym, finds the routines in this DVD, far more student-friendly. To her, the instructions are so good, they more than make up for the lack of individualized attention that one might expect in the real world.
Another customer, Vincent, who already enjoys a level of familiarity with yoga, is thrilled about learning the Mountain Pose from Maggie. He feels he has never been taken through the pose with such explanation; so much so that when he actually gets down to doing it now, the instructions resonate in his head.
Elizabeth, another Amazon reviewer, generally admires Maggie’s instructions for breathing techniques – a very, very essential component of yoga.
And there’s more! An amateur ballroom dancer gives this DVD her thumbs up; unlike previous yoga multimedia she has tried, this one hasn’t been giving her back and neck problems.
So yes, it works!
Does It Help You Lose Weight?
Slow and steady wins the race, is what this one says! There are reports of gradual weight loss. Newton attributes a 6 lbs friendlier weighing scale to these yoga exercises, done 30 minutes on a daily basis. William, in Arizona, is happy that he’s lost 5 lbs in 2 months.
But it works absolute wonders for your strength and stamina. That’s for sure. Two users, Angelina and Mary, are both very happy with the muscle toning effect they’ve been witnessing as a result of carrying out Maggie’s signature yoga routines. They’ve been experiencing a fresh bout of flexibility in the body, which comes bundled with – yes – increased strength and stamina. Guess what that means? You can endure tougher exercise routines for your weight loss.
Pros and Cons
- Good instructions: As reported earlier, Maggies’ are as good as individual attention.
- The resistance building exercises are this DVD’s forte: Tania, in Rockville, appreciates that Maggie brings weights into the workout!
- Expect some innovation: At some point or another, you’ll need to bring in chairs and other paraphernalia into your yoga routines. You’ll probably enjoy the variations, although our friend, Michael, in Colorado, doesn’t really enjoy getting up from the mat!
- Alluring backdrop: This one’s filmed at a tranquil beach at Half-Moon Bay, Antigua. How do you ever hit the stop button!
- Repetitive: Some of the stuff keeps nudging you again and again and again, is what some customers at Amazon are saying.
- Slow: Yes it is. After all, they’re targeting beginners who need to be spoon-fed the very basics of yoga. Be patient, man!
Problems and Complaints
Nothing serious has been reported. Go Yoga!