Are you one of the many people who want to follow a healthy diet but do not have time to eat breakfast on weekdays?
South Beach Living Meal Replacement Bars can healthily replace breakfast, snack or lunch adding convenience and taste to your everyday schedule.
South Beach Living Meal Replacement Bars are designed based on the nutritional principles of The South Beach Diet. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right kind of carbs, and the right kind of fats, and to eat a variety of delicious foods that satisfy your appetite.
These meal replacement bars weigh in at 1.76 oz (or 60 g). They contain 210 calories and 23 vitamins and minerals. As the South Beach Diet recommends, these bars are heavy on the protein, with 6 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbohydrates (5 grams of fiber), and 19 grams of protein.
How Do They Work?
The South Beach Diet is split into 3 phases. The South Beach Living Meal Replacement Bars are “allowed” in the second and third phases of the diet, so please don’t run out and buy these bars thinking that will get you started on the South Beach Diet. These bars are only a supplement.
The premise is that, because these bars are high in protein and low in carbs, they will leave you feeling “full” for a while after you eat them.
What Others Are Saying – Do South Beach Living Meal Replacement Bars Work?
People have had amazing success with the South Beach Diet. These meal replacement bars can be an option within this diet plan. However, these bars alone will not make you lose weight, and they are not as nutritionally viable as a real, healthy meal, such as a green, leafy salad. Some people find the convenience of the bars helpful in keeping them on their diet track.
Katy from Phoenix eats them every morning to replace her breakfast on her way to work.
“It is a perfectly yummy treat for those watching their calories, for those who want something that tastes sweet, and for those watching their sugar intake! I love, love, love them!!!”
Chocolate is Nathan’s favorite flavor. He says:
“[They] are surprisingly enjoyable for the amount of nutrition packed into them. They’re not like the cardboard flavored dense nastiness of many meal bars.”
How Much Weight Will I Lose?
Mrs Howell, an Amazon review writer from Florida, claims that South Living Meal Replacement Bars helped her to lose 30 lbs.
Another reviewer, who was able to stay on a low-carb diet thanks to these bars, says:
“I have lost 15 pounds and been able to keep it off, and these bars give me a snack that makes it easy to control my carbs at work, at home, and on the go.”
Pros and Cons
- These meal replacement bars are a healthy and convenient “quick fix” when you are on the go and don’t want to fall into the fast food trap. Daniel says:
“The product itself tastes pretty good, and it does a good job of filling me up, I eat a bar, drink a liter of water and have a banana or a handful of grapes and I’m set for either breakfast or lunch.”
- Many claim that these bars “fill them up” and keep them from excess snacking.
- Contain a lot of fiber and protein which curbs your cravings.
- Perfect for a low carb diet. They contain almost zero sugar
- All flavors are acceptable
- There seems to be some confusion to be had when purchasing these bars online. Apparently, these bars have recently been reformulated to contain less protein. While this is not necessarily a disaster, some people who were fans of the original recipe are now disappointed. So before ordering these bars online, be sure to read the fine print and be sure you are satisfied with the nutritional information.
- Some people do not like the taste of these bars.
- These bars are not healthier than real, whole foods.
- A little pricey
Problems and Complaints
The bars are a little dry, although much moister than usual bars, but when consumed with water, fruit or juice they make a great, tasty meal replacement option.
Allergy Information: These bars are manufactured on equipment that processes peanuts, tree nuts, sesame seeds, eggs and wheat
South Beach Living Meal Replacement Bars are available through Amazon’s Subscribe & Save program. If you sign up to have this them delivered at a regular interval, you can save 15%. Shipping is free.