Has that stubborn plateau been bothering you? If you are, or ever have been, on a weight-loss regime, and haven’t already hit the horrific standstill – those days, those weeks when your weighing scale doesn’t budge – you’ll be relieved to hear that you’re not alone and that this can be conquered.
When I first had my plateau, I was left in a lurch. My gym friend would continue telling me to do pilates, and Google could do only so much for me. So DVDs like this one, should come as good news to all of you who are at that junction right now.
How Does Pilates for Beginners Work?
Just load in your DVD and hit play. The program is split into three complete workouts, within a total playing time of 51 minutes. Pilates expert, Brooke Siler, has designed this for beginners, so the workouts are prepared, taking into account, your lack of familiarity with pilates.
One of the best features of this DVD is that it strikes just the right balance when it comes to pace and clarity. If you don’t have a reputation for boring easily, this one will guide you at a good pace, ‘without going too fast or too slow’, as one user puts it.
Does Pilates for Beginners Work?
Karlene from Australia recalls how the workout had her ‘sweating bullets’ and the 51 minutes of video were over before she could realize how much effort she had put in!
That’s good news, guys!
The general verdict is appreciation. Nancy, a mother of four, has had her trouble area – the dreadful waist and love-handles – attacked venomously by this DVD workout.
How Much Will I Lose?
If customer reviews are to be believed, this DVD does shed some inches for you. Typically, a two week regime can help you lose 2 inches on the waistline.
What is weight loss without a good figure? Brooke Siler’s DVD workout aims at helping you learn how to stretch your body and build and strengthen your muscles. The idea is for you to overcome your plateau, lose inches, and to not rebound.
Pilates will help increase your basal metabolic rate, so you can expect to burn more in a state of rest. Weight loss is slow but when it does kick in, it will be for keeps.
Pros and Cons
- The Pacific backdrop will give you that extra-nudge;
- Instructions are friendly, which means that you won’t need to hit the pause or rewind button while learning the workouts;
- You have three different workout to choose from. Choose your own level of difficulty or kinds of pilates exercises to suit your mood.
- There is some concern that exercises like the Scissor can cause low back injury, if you’re new to the world of pilates. Kelly from Blue State, felt the pressure after the initial 18-minute workout. She thought Brooke’s pilates moves got a bit too hot to handle, for her.
- Lisa, from Colorado complains that she discovered boredom, a few minutes into the video (which could be attributed to her deep associations with Yoga videos).
Should you choose Pilates for Beginners by Brooke Siles?
It is definitely worth a shot! It’ll take you less than an hour to pass your own verdict…
At the end of the day, it is really you – your temperament and expectations – which will help you determine whether you can use Brooke’s workouts at beginner level. Most customers seem to think so! They find the ‘zen’ location, coupled with slow, comprehensive narrations quite helpful.
If you’ve had back-problems or persistent muscular issues in the past, you might want to consult an expert before indulging in the tougher routines (which should, pretty much, be your policy for any exercise regime).
To read more reviews click here.