Write for Us
Update: This blog is closed to guest posting. For sponsored posts and advertising please contact matthewpap [at] gmail [dot] com. The information below is not effective any more.
We are looking for writers who can produce well-researched, smartly written articles that will provoke, inform, and entertain, through contributed guest content on a wide variety of topics related to diet, weight loss, nutrition, and fitness. In order to see your article published, there are two requirements:
Requirement #1: Share 4 of our pages
Visit at least 4 of the following pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, (or any other page your like within www.WeightLossTriumph.com) and hit the top 3 buttons that you see on the left Social Bar. That means,
you will share these 4 pages with your Facebook fans
you will Tweet those 4 pages
- you will G+ them as well
We will publish your guest blog ONLY IF you take the above action and share at least 4 of our articles socially. Once you do this, upload your guest article to the site, as explained at the end of this page.
IMPORTANT: Remember to place the 4 URLs of the pages you promoted at the beginning of your article ( we will remove them before we publish your article) so that we will verify you have met our requirement for guest posting.
Once your article gets published, we would like you to promote it socially, too, by clicking on the Facebook Share, Google Plus, and Tweet buttons mentioned above.
Requirement #2: Your article must be:
A. Visit ScienceDaily, or any other Science News portal, and report on any recent scientific findings in the diet/nutrition/weight loss field. Find a recent study and describe it in your own words. Here are 3 examples of studies your articles could be based on:
- Eating Eggs Is Not Linked to High Cholesterol in Adolescents, Study Suggests
- Weight Loss Programs via Virtual Reality
- When Psychology Trumps Anti-Obesity Drugs
B. Alternatively, visit Google News or any other news portal, and see what has been going on in the fitness/diet world during the last few days. Any new diet scams? Any inspiring story of a person who lost weight? Any diet product worth mentioning? Be a reporter and write a report on a topic that others would find interesting to read about. Make sure your article has at least some newsworthy element in it. Do not just rehash information that has been on the web already for years.
If your article does not have any newsworthy element in it, and it just presents old ideas, that's fine provided the article has a unique spin, adding value and significant improvement to what is already known.
- 2. Well-Researched. Your article must be well-researched and have decent length (at least 750 words). Do not just scratch the surface of the topic. Research and elaborate on the topic so that you will completely cover it and make it better than it appears in the original sources.
A word of caution: We do not publish articles that provide nothing but rehashed, saturated, decade-old information.
IMPORTANT: We wil link to your site only if your article is relevant to the page in your site it is linking to. For example, we can't link to your e-cigarette site if your article does not relate to the topic of "cigarettes" at all.
Remember to accompany your article with relevant photos or/and videos (include source), several sub headlines, Meta and Keyword tags, an author bio, and a picture of your face.
Still interested? Then, upload your article to the site, following the guidelines below. But first...
Why Should You Write for Weight Loss Triumph
- Each day, more than 500 people read Weight Loss Triumph.
- You get a link to your site
- Your article is directly linked from our home page for at least 8 days.
If your article contains health claims (i.e Health Benefits of X Food or Y Exercise), make sure you include links to the original scientific studies or authoritative sites that prove these claims.
How to Submit Your Article
- Scroll to the bottom of this page and create your account.
- An email will be sent to you with a pasword and a link to the back end of the site.
- Once you log into your account, upload a picture of your face.
- Scroll to the very bottom of your account page and click on "Create Content"
- Once you upload your article and hit "Save", we will review it and either approve its publication or delete it. We publish ALL articles, if they comply with the guidelines. Keep a copy of your article in case you want to improve it and re-submit it.
- We review all submissions once a week.
Check List - How to Have Your Article Approved
- Before uploading my article on WeightLossTriumph.com, I shared at least 4 WeightLossTriumph pages on Facebook AND Google+ AND Twitter. I have placed the URLs of these 4 pages at the beginning of my article so that the Editor will see them and approve my article.
- I have uploaded a picture of my smiling FACE (not my whole body, just my face, and definitely not a cartoon) on my account's profile. My name is a real name (i.e Mary), not my company's name.
- I have followed the guidelines for topic and quality given above. My article is at least 750 words, newsworthy, and well-researched. My article does not rehash old, saturated, information.
- I have proofread my article to ensure it is free of grammatical errors and awkward expressions.
- My article contains at least one relevant image. I have linked to the place I got it from. Great places to find FREE images are FreeDigitalPhotos.net, Photoxpress.com, Flickr’s Creative Commons section, and Sxc.hu. In nearly all cases, some attribution is required.
- I have broken my article into several small (3-5 line) paragraphs and included at least two (H3) sub headlines. This will make my article easier to read.
- I remembered to include a one-sentence description of my article to be used as Meta Tag
Happy Guest Posting!
Disclosure: We review and test many products on this site. Nobody pays us to review their product. However, if you end up purchasing one of these products we sometimes receive a small fee from the merchant. This helps to keep the site maintained and running.