If you follow proper exercises and eat healthy, you will remain fit and look great for life. Abdominal fat has become one of the major worries for most people and often struggle to figure out different ways to lose belly fat and tone their body.
In order to simplify lives, there are 25 effective tips given below on how to lose belly fat and tone your body. If you put in best of efforts to follow these tips, you will certainly succeed to lose abdominal fat and have a perfect shaped figure in no time.
1. Start your day with a glass of warm water along with lemon and honey. Drink plenty of water throughout the day as it increases the metabolism level in the body.
2. Having green tea in the morning helps as it acts as natural caffeine and also helps in keeping your body active.
3. Try to avoid sugar as much as possible and use honey as a substitute for sugar.
4. Engage yourself in cardiovascular workouts for thirty minutes daily as it keeps your body active and helps in losing belly fat effectively and tones up your body as well.
5. Instead of eating three large portioned meals, have 6 small portioned meals as it helps in quicker digestion.
6. Stick to whole grain foods as the fiber content is rich and it helps in lowering the insulin level in the body.
7. Avoid junk foods especially foods like chips, cola, candies, soft drinks, cake etc as the fat content is high in these foods.
8. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet as it contains rich fiber content that keeps your body feeling full for long hours.
9. Eat foods that have rich content of monounsaturated fats as it helps in losing abdominal fat. Some of the foods containing monounsaturated fats are olives, dark chocolates, avocados, sunflower seeds, nuts etc.
10. Start performing weight training exercises at least thrice a week as it helps in toning your body by burning excess fat content in the body.
11. Eat the good fat and leave the bad fat completely aside. Good fat includes flax seed oil, fish oil, olive oil etc and avoid bad fat foods such as full fat dairy products like cream, butter, ghee, red meat etc.
12. Consume low fat dairy products like skimmed milk, cottage cheese, plain yoghurt etc.
13. Minimizing stress is highly essential in order to minimize the stress hormones. It helps in reducing abdominal fat to a great extent.
14. An adequate amount of sleep is very necessary to lead a healthy and active life. Get minimum of 8 hours of sleep daily.
15. Chew your food slowly as it helps in fast digestion and also gives sufficient time to your brain to understand that your body is full.
16. Stop eating the moment your body starts feeling full. Overeating is a unhealthy sign and you tend to put on more weight by doing so.
17. Flat stomach exercises like crunches, reverse crunches, crunches with leg crossed have been proven to be highly effective in eliminating belly fat.
18. Say a big NO to weight loss pills, shakes and other supplements as these methods destroy your metabolism and makes you fatter in a long run.
19. Alcohol destroys all the efforts put in towards losing belly fat as it gets stored as stubborn fat in the body. Therefore, it needs to be strictly avoided.
20. Stay motivated as it is highly necessary to reach your fat loss goals. Feel confident and be happy as it helps achieving the desired results.
21. Reduce the salt content in your diet by avoiding frozen meals and processed foods. Excess consumption of sodium leads to water retention in the body and it blocks ways to burn calories and lose fat from the body. To know more, click here.
22. Maintain a food diary and start noting down all the foods consumed on a daily basis. This helps in keeping a tab of the kind of food you are eating.
23. Yoga is yet another effective tip that not only helps to burn calories but also, tones up your entire body.
24. Do certain modifications in your current diet by adding healthy alternatives such as eating grilled chicken instead of steamed chicken, choosing plain yoghurt for dessert and so on.
25. Do not watch TV, read newspaper or talk over the phone while eating as one ends up eating more food.