“I Can Make You Thin” is Dr. Paul McKenna’s interactive program, aimed at changing the way your brain works around food, helping you adopt positive habits.
The CD is inspired from his hit TV show (in the UK) with the same name. Self-help doctor, Martin Russell, calls it a ‘mind re-programming’ CD, which he hands out to all patients who want to lose weight.
How Does "I Can Make You Thin" Work?
The book will attempt to change the way you think about food, diets, cravings, etc. It will alter the ways in which you treat and approach your weight issues. McKenna’s 4 golden rules, that you can expect to adopt, are:
1. When you are hungry, eat.
2. Eat what you want (not what you think you “should”).
3. Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful.
4. When you are full, stop.
If at all, you are challenged for time, most customers suggest to drop the CD but to read, and then, re-read the book!
If you stop doing things the "old way", as one client puts it, you’re in for a very positive change in your life: eating without guilt! Most of us who struggle with weight issues, know that feeling all too well.
Sandra Koppelman, who tried it says it is working. It has changed her perception of food, in a way that no other diet has ever done. She certainly seems to enjoy that she is finally able to end her obsession with food; that she can stop when full, is something she had always wanted to do, but unable to achieve. Today is a different story for her. Self-improvement, you will agree, is the genre for this book.
How Much Weight Will I Lose?
Billy, from Bothell, an Amazon reviewer, claims to have lost 60 lbs in 6 months, and she attributes her achievement entirely to McKenna’s book; it transformed her habits.
Other customers have also noticed changes in the way they approach food. Jerold, in Florida, hasn’t lost weight yet, but if he keeps it up, the belief is, he will eventually start bringing down the readings! To him, the system isn’t revolutionary, but it is the hypnotic effect of the CD which does the trick.
Laura agrees that the CD basically tackles the problem of our cultural conditioning (commercials and advertisements). She claims that by being able to snub media conditioning at the sub-conscious level, she lost 5 lbs in 5 days.
- The overwhelming majority of people who used Paul’s system have seen tremendous success. About 82% of buyers at Amazon give it at least 4/5 stars.
- Expect no jargon.
- The program itself is simple, hence, sustainable.
- The book is refreshingly thin, so it is a handy little ‘weight bible’ to have.
- The voice in the CD, which is hypnosis for some, is sleep-inducing for others.
- The program doesn’t offer any rules that you don’t already know, so at the end of the day, it really is your own conviction. If it’s not there, neither this book nor CD will work anyhow.
- Dr. McKenna still allows you to consume McDonald’s and all kinds of industrialized and processed foods. So much for developing good habits, thinks Amazon reviewer, Mark.
Problems And Complaints
Andrew, from Peaks Island, thinks that this really isn’t a revolutionary system. What McKenna teaches, is already out there – and known to us since ages!
Connie complains about the speaker’s voice turning unintelligible at times; but she lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks, so she isn’t really complaining!
Emma, a regular at Amazon, wants an explanation as to why, one of the ‘after’ photos, in the book, shows a lean woman without a belly button. Photoshop?
To conclude, while we can’t vouch for the credibility of the photographs, we can consider letting McKenna help teach us the 4 golden rules that we’ve always known, but been unable to adopt. Perhaps, he can help. Perhaps, he cannot. To each their own.