There’s a difference between being fit and being match fit. It doesn’t matter what sport you play, this is an adage that has lost none of its truth.
If you’re anything like me, you’ll know this frustration all too well. You can put hours of hard work in at the gym, go for as many runs as you like, but it’s somehow not quite the same as playing a match.
Photo: Scott Before and After Insanity Asylum 30-Day Program
Sure, you feel fitter, and in better all around shape, than you would if you hadn’t put the work in, but you still find yourself wishing that there was another training method, which would get you match fit, and help give you that edge over your opponents.
The problem for me always boils down to one thing, time.
I know a fair amount about training for rugby, my sport of choice, but there is always more I could do to make my workouts more closely resemble a match. With work and family commitments, I just don’t have the time to trawl the internet for the latest training techniques. I still, however, want the edge of feeling fitter in the dying moments of the game than my opponents.
This is why I was so excited to stumble across the Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD. It takes all of the guess work out of the equation and will help you to get match fit, in record time, by giving you access to training techniques used by the pros.
How does the Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD work?
This workout DVD is the ultimate tool to help you get ready for game day. The DVD, like all of the Insanity workout DVDs, is presented by former track-and-field star Shaun T, but the difference is that it contains sport-specific training drills, inspired by pro athletes; it truly takes the Insanity workout program to another level.
The Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD contains six separate workout DVDs, targeted specifically at athletes who are serious about getting in shape. The six DVDs all have a different focus:
- Speed and Agility, with an emphasis on fast feet and cardio (45 minutes)
- Vertical Plyo, with an emphasis on improving your vertical jump (40 minutes)
- Relief, with an emphasis on stretching (25 minutes)
- Strength, with an emphasis on improving your strength and power, using the latest cross-training techniques (50 minutes)
- Game Day, with an emphasis on sport-specific, cardio fitness (60 minutes)
- Back to core, with an emphasis on building a solid core, gluteal muscles and hamstrings (45 minutes).
In addition to the six workouts, the program also contains two bonus workouts:
- Sports Performance Assessment, which is used to assess the improvements that you have made (25 minutes)
- Overtime, which is an extra, extremely intense workout that is designed to give you that extra edge, when it really counts (15 minutes).
The Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD is designed to help give you an athletic edge over your competitors, with the promise that you will feel like an elite athlete in just 30 days, drastically improving your speed, coordination, agility, and power.
What Does the Equipment Consist of?
Watch David as he opens the box to see what is inside.
With an agility ladder, speed rope, nutritional plan, workout calendar, and guide playbook, all included in the package, as well as free online support tools, the Insanity Workout truly is the ultimate package for those who are serious about getting in elite shape.
Does the Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD really deliver?
Kat Before and After Insanity Asylum
Those who have taken on the unique challenge of this program have reported outstanding results.
One reviewer, Jonathan Bennett, is someone who was already in great shape, prior to using the Insanity DVD. He was, however, getting a little bored with his routine and wanted to push onto the next level, with regards to his overall fitness. He has nothing, but positive things to say about the results which he has gleaned from following the workout. Jonathan does, however, warn others that the workout is by no means for the faint hearted. He concludes that the Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD is “taking the Insanity program and philosophy to the next level.”
Another reviewer, DT, is somewhat of a fitness fanatic. DT had already completed the Insanity workout before, as well as trying the P90X workout too. DT’s hope for the Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD was that he would be taking on a more sport-specific workout routine that would help him get back in shape for Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, again. He wasn’t disappointed. DT asserts that the Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD is taking the Insanity workout to another level, reporting that “Asylum is EXTREME.”
Will the Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD help me get in sports-specific shape, while also losing weight?
Reviewers are adamant that this workout is an excellent way to get in sports-specific shape, while also losing weight.
One reviewer, Storylover, is an Insanity aficionado. Around two and a half months ago, Storylover weighed 222lbs and was completely out of shape. He has, however, turned his life around, using the Insanity workout technique. After performing the 63 day Insanity workout, Storylover lost 22 pounds and went in search of a workout DVD to really push his body to the next level. After using the Insanity Workout, Storylover reports that he has now lost 38.5lbs in total, including 16.5lbs while specifically using the Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD.
Another reviewer, Auburn B Robinson, purchased the Training Workout DVD for him and his son to train together. Robinson reports that they have a great time training together and that the DVD is a great football workout, especially, for his son.
Pros and Cons
- Sport-specific. The DVD’s biggest selling point is its inherent sport-specific training style. The DVD takes the effectiveness of the Insanity workout and makes it suitable for athletes, who are looking to gain an edge over their competitors.
- Great workout. Reviewers all report that the Insanity 30 Day plan provides one of the toughest workout challenges that they have ever undertaken.
- All in one. It comes with all the training equipment that you will need, including an agility ladder, speed rope, nutritional plan, workout calendar, and guide playbook.
- Space is required. Unlike the Insanity workout, which can be performed in a relatively small space, the Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD does require some space and may not be suitable for those that have small living rooms.
- Could cause injury. The intensity of the Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD does mean that injuring yourself is a real possibility, if you don’t warm up properly and proceed with caution.
- Rest periods very short. Before taking on the challenge of the Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD, you should be aware that the rest periods between exercises are extremely short. This makes the DVD a thoroughly exhausting workout.
Problems and complaints
The Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD certainly isn’t for everyone. And it doesn’t pretend to be. A number of the complaints, however, seem to derive from reviewers who claim that it is too difficult.
It is designed for those who are already in great shape and it should not be attempted unless you are already in excellent physical condition.
One reviewer, Longhorns, drives this point home. He asserts that one should not take on the challenge of the program unless you are really up to it. Longhorns asserts that you “almost have to be a track star to do it.”
Is it better than other sport-specific workout DVDs on the market?
The Insanity series of workouts come with a big reputation. And the Insanity 30 Day Sports version certainly doesn’t disappoint.
It effortlessly blends the effectiveness of the Insanity workout series, with a sport-specific edge, like no other workout DVD on the market. The Insanity 30 Day DVD knows no peers.
One reviewer, andrew11, aptly summarises the point by asserting that the program’s routine is “better than any other on the market.”
How does it rate overall?
It receives, an extremely favourable, 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
Where can I buy it and where can I read more reviews?
The Insanity 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD can be purchased on Amazon with free shipping. If, however, you would like to read more reviews before deciding whether you are up to the challenge, you can find them here.