Sign Up Get $100 off 12 World Class Wines + Free Deluxe Lever Action Corkscrew Set
Click to Redeem Offer – (no coupon code needed)
My Laithwaites Wine Review
Laithwaites Wine, a small family-owned company founded by Tony Laithwaite, is arguable the most successful wine business in Great Britain and a growing one in the US. For about 42 years Mr. Laithwaite has explored the wine regions of the world. He spends his time right in the fields, researching and learning every aspect of the wine-making business. With his team of experts, they select the finest wines from small vineyards to bring a sample of the best wines of the world to their customers. More than 100 000 loyal customers depend on his expert advice about wine, wine tasting and touring vineyards.
The company offers:
- Red wines
- White wines
- Small production runs from little known vineyards
- Sparkling wines
Is Laithwaite Wine Worth It? – Key Features and Benefits
- One of the key features of this merchant is that they sell handcrafted wines created by dedicated wine masters that still take pride in their grapes, not mass-produced in factories. This may mean you can't always get the wine you want, when you want it, but the quality will be better.
- If wine is a liquid that sits regularly on your table, you can register for free with the Wine Club and get a selection of 12 wines delivered automatically to you every 3 months. This no-obligation, no-membership, cancel-any-time type of service gives you exclusive 20% discounts on your future cases.
- They offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied for any reason, you simply send it back.
- All products are shipped with FedEx for security and safe delivery.
- Experts are available to answer any questions seven days a week. If you can't find the answer on their website, you call the toll free number 1-800-842-4050.
What I liked best about Tony Laithwaite and his team is their real passion for wine. They don't just try to sell you a product, they really care about whether you will be happy with your purchase. And they do everything possible to make you happy.
Laithwaite Wine Cons – Disadvantages
There are two things I didn't like about this site:
The descriptions are a bit vague. It is very difficult to buy a wine just by reading that it is delicious and goes well with pasta. Although, they try to take the risk out by offering a money back guarantee, if you want a glass of wine for a special dinner, you don't want to wait weeks, return it and wait several weeks more before you get the new bottle.
- There aren't any reviews from actual customers. They say they have a loyal following of 100,000 customers, but where are they?
What Stores Might be Better Than Laithwaite Wine?
The main competitors for Laithwaite Wine are:
- Wine Rack
- Virgin Wines – read review
- Wine Chateau
How Does Laithwaite Wine Compare to Similar Merchants?
Given that the majority of Laithwaite wines are exclusive, you cannot compare them with other merchants. I looked, however, into two other online wine stores which are in direct competition to Laithwaite Wine.
The first store I looked at was America's Wine Shop. The first thing I noticed about this site was the unprofessional appearance. The site is set up more like a discount flea market than a professional wine store. The prices, compared to Laithwaite Wine were very much the same. Shipping is much lower, however. For purchases over $150 the shipping is free. Considering you can't buy a case of wine for much less than that, you are almost guaranteed free shipping. There are no security features on the site, so I would think twice about shopping here.
The second wine store I researched was The Wine Buyer. This store features many varieties of wines from around the world. Prices are similar to those at Laithwaite Wine and the site is certified by two well renowned security companies. There is a large education section to help you learn everything you ever wanted to know about wine. They have over 200 products that qualify for free shipping. However, if you want to return a product, you will be charged a 10% restocking fee.
What is the Cost?
You can find great tasting wines from about $10, and specialty wines for around $675 per bottle. There is a wine for every pocketbook, such as:
- Villa Farnia di Farnese Trebbiano d'Abruzzo 2009 = $109.99 for a case of 12, $11.99 single bottle
- 4 Seasons Wine Club Introductory Case – Mixed = special price $69.99 for 15 bottles
- Finca Beltran de Autor Caladoc 2010 = $169.99 for a case of 12, $13.99 single bottle
- Clare Hills Riesling 2010 = $179.88, $14.99 single bottle
- The Great Reds of Argentina = $139.99 for a case of 12
- La Grancia Rosso di Toscana 2009 = $275.88 for a case of 12, $22.99 single bottle
Products are shipped safely right to your door or office for $19.99 per case and $14.99 per case for each additional case in the same order.
You can pay with Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express.
You can change your order, cancel or return any products easily and hassle free. Special discount offers are usually available, especially around holiday seasons.
What Are Others Saying? Testimonials – Feedback – Comments
According to The Guardian, Laithwaites success is partly the result of its excellent customer service.
The SpiritofWine blogger tried the introductory case and found it good for the price they paid. When they tried to cancel their club membership, the process was smooth and quick. They just fired an email requesting cancelation. If you choose to cancel by email, be sure you request confirmation of cancelation as some customers complained that the wine was sent to them although they had sent a cancelation email. Alternatively, call them at 1-800-842-4050.
Wine Club Selector has rated Laithwaites' quality of wine selection 5 out 5 stars.
Any Promotional Coupons for Laithwaites Wines? How to Buy at a Discount
As affiliates of Laithwaites Wines, we regularly check for coupon codes and promotional deals that work so that you will get the best prices. If there are any Laithwaites Wines coupon codes or discounts available today you will find them at the top of this page.
WsjWines is part of Direct wines, a mail order company. Direct wines operates the following wine clubs
- Virgin Wines
- Lathwaites Wines
- Zagat Wine
Horrible communication with laithwaites, not sure about the wine
I currently belong to a wine of the month club (The Wine Club) and they are fantastic. They keep a line of communication open and inform me of what is coming up and also any charges involved. I had purchased a case through the laithwaites wine website as a wedding gift for friends and apparently they had shipped another case of wine out in mid December. I find out about this today (mid January) when I see a hefty charge on my statement. When I call customer service they tell me that because they were backed up over the holidays I never received any notification of an impending charge and case. My options where that I would either need to ask my newly wed friends to ship back the case of wine, which has been in their possession for a month, or just pay the cost of the wine. They also informed me that this is not the first time that they ship without informing customers that they are about to be charged for a case of wine. Customer service also informed that they are losing customers because of this “error”. I can’t speak for their wine but they have horrible communication. If you are looking for a wine club look to http://www.thewineclub.com they are fantastic both in their communication and also their wine.
Laithwaites’ Wine is Good, Though
Thank you for sharing with us your experience with Laithwaites. They have a 100% guarantee so you will be refunded in full.